These are the Valentine's my two youngest took to school for their friends. I like them because I got to put cute robots and ballet shoes on them, but they still got to pick out their favorite cartoon store-bought valentines to go inside! :)
We also made these cute pencil valentines for the kids to give their teachers. They're made out of a package of Rolos and a Hershey's kiss.
Update: Due to several requests, I have posted directions for these pencils on my blog. That post can be found by clicking here.
The templates for the boxes can be found at ScrapMatters (images are linked):
10 comments:
Those are adorable, I know Taylor loved his!
Love the pencil treats for teachers....wondering what the "eraser" is made out of?
saw this on pinterest - absolutely fabulous!!!!!!
I, also, would like to know what the eraser is made of.
LOVE the pencils! This is a must try. :)
Thanks, everyone! For those wondering, the eraser is just a strip of pink cardstock wrapped around the top of the Rolos, and then a pink cardstock circle glued to the top.
I just posted some step-by-step instructions in a new post if you're interested. :) You can find them here: http://simplyjstudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentine-pencils.html
Featuring your pencil idea on a roundup of fabulous Valentine ideas.
I know this post was from 4 years ago but I just came across it on pinterest & absolutely love the robot valentines! I was so bummed last year when my then 6 year old didnt want to do homemade valentines and really wanted the store bought ones. This will be perfect for this year as he would think the boxes were pretty cool and could then also have his store bought ones inside! I clicked on the link to how to make the boxes but it says file not found. Is there another link to show how to make the boxes? Thanks!
Grateful ffor sharing this
Post a Comment