Friday, August 6, 2010

new release and a freebie

One of my friends told me that for her kids' birthdays she hangs pictures of them growing up all over her house. I loved this idea and decided I wanted to do the same thing. Then I saw this post from Liz of Paislee Press on her blog a couple of months ago and loved her grid format. I did this for my son's birthday this week. It was so fun for him to have the pictures up and fun for everyone who came over to see them, too. I hung a birthday banner and foil stars around the pictures to add to the party atmosphere.


For his birthday party, we are having a "late night" with friends. He had a specific idea in mind of what he wanted for the invitation to his party, so I had him sit down with me to sketch it out, and then I created a digital version of it. Here is what we ended up with:

We were both happy with the result.

It's going to be a night of hot dogs, marshmallows, games, a movie, and lots of 9 and 10-year-old boys having fun! At the end of the night they get to take home these "Movie Packs" that are filled with popcorn packets, a drink, and some treats.


Okay, now on to my new release... I created a template for the banner, and it is available for purchase in my shop today.

You can get it (and lots more) right now for 30% off at ScrapMatters during the big birthday sale!

This banner template includes 3 different sizes and can be used for any occasion. Here's a baby banner created using the itty bitty version of the template.


Last but not least... a freebie for you! I created some brushes using the ticket I created for the invitation for my son's party. Click on the image to get them for free! (Please click "follow" over on the right to follow my blog before you download. Thanks!) Note: This is no longer available for free but can be purchased in my shop by clicking on the image.


Come back tomorrow for another freebie as part of the ScrapMatters Birthday Blog Train!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...